Monday, April 8, 2013

30in30, Day 8: "The Dark Side"


The Dark Side

I became a revolutionary because I missed the bus
the anarchists were on,
and I've always been rebellious.

If I could, I'd break windows and steal.
I'd set fires and start fights.
Maybe I'd  kill,
just for the thrill of pulling the trigger.

But you can't commit crimes of that caliber
if you're too crippled to run,
too conspicuous to hide.
How many fugitives have permanent limps,
this particular set of disfigurements?

That's why I gather I'm stuck like this:
to contain my forays to the dark side.
To muzzle the man eater.

If God were wiser, we'd all be hobbled.

T.A.B. 4-8-13

1 comment:

  1. I think we all are in the ways we need to be I guess this makes me cry all things do work together for the good

    ReplyDelete