Monday, April 22, 2013

30in30, Day 22: "Stalker"


Stalker

One pearl on a strand
I hold between my teeth.
One charm on a bracelet.
One single facet of a diamond,
blinding me with light.
And these mere trinkets.
Paste-jewels in comparison
to the glittering,
glimmering mountain of my
feeling for you.

Were you to die,
I would unwind my
own veins and wire them,
blue and pulsing,
into your arms.
Call me mad scientist, my love,
call me Dr. Frankenstein;
it matters not, so long as there is hot
blood in you,
living viscosity sweet as vin rouge
vicariously tasted;
Waste not, want not; I've enough
love for both of us and I will gladly share,
so long as you stay near me and free of any other.
Though should you wander, I've  a plan --
for even given that I'd rush
to save you from the burning
sands of a thousand deserts and snatch you
from the mouths of dragons,
I'll not bear another's hand upon your full-moon skin.

If I can't have you,
no one can.

T.A.B. 4-22-13

No comments:

Post a Comment