Sunday, April 28, 2013

30in30, Day 28: Mind's Eye


I will bathe in coconut
milk in the halfhearted
glow of a rainy
day through the skylight.
There will be the petals of a dozen orange
lilies f  l   o  a   t  i   n  g    in the water.
My legs will appear

long
and
finely
toned.
My hair will float around me.
I will feel queenly.
Just lonely enough to savor the minutes ticking
slowly by on the clock in the hallway,
which I will traverse while still dRiPPiNg tiny
afterthoughts of white on the gleaming wood,
orange petals still stuck to my thighs.
And then I will dress in a purple caftan,
BILLow      ing like the wind against curtains,
and go and stand in the
garden under the trellis with the white roses.
I will pick one to tuck behind my ear.
I will untangle my wet hair with my
fingers while the rain blows a fine mist across my face.

Think of the picture it will make. 

T.A.B. 4-28-13

No comments:

Post a Comment