Thursday, January 17, 2013

Silly Me

I'm a lot happier today than I was in that last entry.

See, I realized something: maybe I'm not supposed to be working right now. My mother is ill and quite possibly dying of a disease she won't admit she has, and if I was working, I wouldn't be able to make it home for a visit. Since I'm not working (full-time, that is) and since my boss at MPC would be willing to do without me for a bit, I can leave for Indiana as soon as I get the money and stay for as long as I feel like staying. I could stay for a month if I wanted -- house-hopping, of course, so my sister and her husband won't insist upon giving up their bed for an entire month; they refuse to allow me to sleep on the sofa, even though I do that at home a lot of nights anyway and their couch is 10 million times more comfortable than my love seat.

I could see everyone I didn't get to see last time I was there. I could even go to Indy and see Missie AGAIN, for the second time in less than 2 years. That's a luxury that has been unheard of so far, ever since I moved here: the ability to go home and stay there until I damn well feel like leaving. PLUS I got paid yesterday, and assuming I don't have to touch it to keep from overdrawing my broke-ass checking account, it's a third of a plane ticket to Indy and back. A full third!

So here I am, and I have this blessing I wasn't even counting. Silly me...

No comments:

Post a Comment