Thursday, July 1, 2010

Oh Boy, A Blog!

Yes, I have jumped on the bandwagon. I now have a --*gasp*-- blog. I tried one a few years ago, but I had no readers. It was sad. (Read me if you want to live!)

Anyhow. I'm not exactly sure how I got this idea. I guess it stems from a combination of: A.) I must write in order to breathe, B.) It's summer and I'm bored, and C.) I never actually shut up anyway. So now you get to hear my voice without actually having to hear my voice! Cool, huh?

Specifics: this will be a blog about life with Cerebral Palsy/clinical depression/an autoimmune disorder that has yet to be made officially official because it can't decide whether it wants to test as lupus or rheumatoid arthritis. All I know is I wish it would make up its damn mind already. Oh, and there will also be stuff about being a survivor of abuse, too, so if that kind of thing bothers you, you might wanna skip those parts. I'll come up with a warning system. Let me think on it.

Short About Me section: Most people call me Tif these days. One "f", please. I like it that way. It has attitude. I don't object to Tiffany, though: I kinda like it sometimes. However, only a special group of people are allowed to call me Tiffy. If you are not one of those people (and they know who they are), do not refer to me as Tiffy unless you would like for your death to come swiftly on the wheels of a red power scooter.

I'm 25 and recently went back to school to be a social worker. I swear I'll be bald by the time I graduate.

The only "man" in my life is my cat, Jude. That's the way I like it. I prefer the other team, if you get my gist. And to quote a line from my favorite show, Law and Order: SVU, "Don't judge me, or I'll get to heaven before you." Not that I believe in your traditional heaven, but we'll get to that later.

I have an nontraditional sort of nuclear family consisting of "adopted" parents who are a little younger than your average parents of a 25 year-old, and 2 adopted sisters, Chelsey and Elizabeth (called Biz), who keep me sane. (Oh, and I'm the oldest. Neener, neener, neener.)

I don't currently have a scanner, so if you're looking for lots of pictures, tough titties. You'll just have to survive on my wit and general cattiness.

I think that about sums it up, for now. Stay tuned for more, and remember -- read me if you want to live.

Tiffany

2 comments: